Sunday

Don Quijote Funny!

Spanish Golden Age, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra and El Ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de La Mancha (Don Quijote!) is the greatest and universally most famous novel - ever. Oh, I tried to read two English attempts at translation, no can do. As I said and discovered the hard way, there's no linguistic translation. Enjoying the magic that is Don Quijote requires a fluency of reading/writing, in Spanish. Even my "Spain-glish" is bad.

But the learning of Cervantes absolutely thrills me! This novel depicts a man who reads too much so he goes mad. That's funny. Moreover this best novel of all time was the first (successful at least) book that represented real fiction instead of say, what a minority of folks said, "The majority of you shall read what us few feel is proper, for example, read of us!"

Isn't that cool?

And my sources? The best.

Sheila Cull
Us Lucky Culls

No comments:

Post a Comment