Thursday

What's Up with Lucky Cull's Blog

Remember when I declared, "it's W," as in a WordPress blog, then I announced, "It's back to B," as in Blogger?  

Currently I'm producing, narrating movies.  And with SkyDrive's wings, the movies are available to a world wide public.

Before, during and after the "W" and/or "B," know what happened?  I'm learning of the tech-y revolution, at a cost.  The price tag?  Time.  The mere essence of life.  Plus stress, sweat, tears, and bubbles of bumpy obstacles.  Albeit, I simply would not throw in that metaphorical towel.

Nothing has changed. I still learn the hard way. My post theme hasn't changed as the premise remains American Civil War versus Spanish Golden Age, and it's still a personal journal reflecting said historical time frames, and other literature.  Lastly nothing has changed in that my "B" profile links to a mysterious website that I cannot delete.

Sticking to my recent blogged review of New Age theories, please stay tuned because there's more to come, but only if it makes you feel good.  

Below is yesterday's manuscript from my latest movie.  Yeah!  


*********

For July Fourth – Found!

Indeed, it is Levy himself who is responsible for the Archaeological goldmine discovery, just last week.

The first Chicago Civil War Camp Douglas excavation site, near 31st and Rhodes, uncovered limestone that is believed to be the foundation for Camp Douglas and its Garrison Square.

Untold history prior to Levy's investigation, the whole of what was Chicago's role in the Civil War, is of the magnitude of Andersonville.

Solely, George D. Levy's impeccably researched book, To DIE in CHICAGO: Confederate Prisoners at Camp Douglas,1862–1865, has an Epilogue with closing sentences that read:
Like the university, which died and was reborn, the camp is covered with ice and snow again. For the prisoners who are lost in Chicago, the winters never end. For those who reached Oak Woods, Camp Douglas is eternal.”

As excitement spreads, more official digs planned, and proliferating interest, Levy's major contribution certainly grows in appreciation.

Twin Cull ©




No comments:

Post a Comment