Thursday

Civil War Spy to New Age Literature: A Series


I’ve written of my head trauma at 18 years old, so this really is my second lifetime as Sheila Cull.  I don’t know what I knew prior to18, including recovery years, but learning of an African American Civil War Heroine, and her connection with, say Napolean Hill, completely puts me in awe. 

You see, when I think of New Age literature, I think of incense, wind chimes, and sleeping music.  To discover that, that’s not what it’s about, is not surprising, but what is - is that it’s not new. 

There are books written in the 1700’s that very much lend themselves to New Age ideology.  Many of the newest New Age writers, and the Civil War Heroine I’ll discuss, have one thing in common, they claim of channeling, having visions. Moreover, this Civil War Heroine, which we’ll get to in this series (do you already know who it is?) was illiterate because of being denied an education, although smart enough, to lead a Union force as a secret spy.

To begin with, an English poet, in 1809 he was the first known to use the term New Age. Stay tuned for more on William Blake, tomorrow.

Sheila Cull
Twin Cull ©

No comments:

Post a Comment