Monday

Less Than


The slaughtering of a people is not contained to Nafisi’s, nonfiction memoir, READING LOLITA IN TEHRAN, Iran.  The slaughtering of a people is not contained to Levy’s, historical nonfiction, TO DIE IN CHICAGO, America.  The slaughtering of a people is not contained to Hitler’s reign, Keneally, fact based fiction, SCHINDLER’S LIST, Europe. 

Useless human slaughter happens this very moment in regions of our world.  As I see it, in certain cases, a ruling elite, other cases, a misunderstanding.  Can it be made that simple?  Yes because what remains are just words. 

Reading SCHINDLER’S LIST last night and, chilling my bones, I thought again how Hitler’s reign occurred close to 1950.  This sickens me.  I’m 46 years young and in this day and age, this is young.  I was born in 1965.  Roughly fifteen years after this atrocious genocide?

 How does it make you feel?  

No comments:

Post a Comment