Sunday

"Lolita" by Nafisi So Must Read "Lolita" by Nabokov!

The reason I'm re reading, Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi, is because it's a New York Times Bestselling memoir, 2003. The Lolita that she, the author, Nafisi, refers to is Lolita by Nabokov. You might know this and I might have prior to the head trauma, coma thing, but Nabokov is a Russian fiction writer that wrote Lolita first in English and had it published in New York, 1955, for example, before the Russian translation. Similar to The Jungle yesterday by Sinclair, this is one of the top novels ever written.

Why am I luxuriating in a re read of Nafisi before the real thing? The importance of the point of view from the Iranian women is startling and startling well written. Plus I feel that if I really grasp the former, I'll then deserve the reading of the latter. In order to really appreciate Nabokov!

Do you ever do stuff like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment