Monday

Re Post Before Moving Forward!

2012 Good World News: Mayan Calendar Ends NOT WORLD

The ancient Mayan people, advanced in areas weren't perfect, moreover, not as advanced as we are today (they would freak if they saw a computer, even if it didn't work). And they had to stop the physical laboring inscription process sometime. The more you learn, the funnier it is.

What do you think?

Also, to me, Bach's Sarabande played by Yo Yo Ma is dramatic and very gentle. Classical music feels like slow growing, creeping up your body, ivy. You don't even know it's creeping, until it's too late. Then it takes at least two lifetimes to feel it.

Have you ever felt music?
Posted by Sheila Cull at Monday, August 08, 2011 0 comments

Sunday, August 7, 2011
2012 Good World News: Mayan Calendar Ends NOT WORLD
The ancient Mayan people, advanced in areas weren't perfect, moreover, not as advanced as we are today (they would freak if they saw a computer, even if it didn't work). And they had to stop the physical laboring inscription process sometime. The more you learn, the funnier it is.

What do you think?
Posted by Sheila Cull at Sunday, August 07, 2011 0 comments

Do you write?
Read new post "On Distractions" by Bransford. If you write, I think it's liberating.
Posted by Sheila Cull at Sunday, August 07, 2011 0 comments

Saturday, August 6, 2011
Beethoven, Not for Me Said the Bee - America!
The reason I have the freedom to, well, kvetch about one (of many) of classical's greatest is that I'm a free American, a civil culture, a true democracy.

Beethoven's pieces I find too aggressive, seriously. For example, in comparison, say, to a greatest that I find delightful mixed with a gentleness, Mozart. What I hear presently, another
example, is gentle with some delight thrown in, which is, to me, different from Mozart but similarly joyful. This composer is the relatively recent, yet still late, Rachmaninoff and Rachmaninoff, to me, has scores that are dramatic yet delightful. But original Beethoven (not somebody playing Beethoven) is one greatest I find too darn aggressive, including Moonlight Sonata, which I think pretends to be gentle at times.

Pre month long comatose as a ballerina I grew up with classical and post, meaning re learning to read and write again, I listen to it at least eight hours daily, the only music I can read/work to. Yes, for ten minutes on alternate days I enthusiastically enjoy pop/rap/rock/etc.

The point is? Relative to nothing, I'd say Beethoven is great. In America we have the freedom to choose, which we all do, all the time.

What do you choose? In regards to, anything?!
Posted by Sheila Cull at Saturday, August 06, 2011 0 comments

Friday, August 5, 2011
Significance of Alan Ginsberg (now learning because of this quote!)
‎"I hope to accomplish someday an outright sensual communion; and as my love grows purer and less lecherous, when someone peeks under the surface of what I say, they will really be made love to." Alan Ginsberg to Jack Kerouac, June, 1949.

Via James Patterson on Facebook, so Mr. Patterson, thank you. I know, me of little knowledge.

I told Mr. Patterson that not only do I understand what Ginsberg said, I feel it.

Do you ever feel words written?
Posted by Sheila Cull at Friday, August 05, 2011 0 comments


Thursday, August 4, 2011
"Am Walrand" Rousseu, 1886, behind home work desk, as of yesterday.
I wish I could show you but I think it's called "stealing bandwidth"?
Posted by Sheila Cull at Thursday, August 04, 2011 0 comments

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

People with Clout
People with clout, first, there's Nathan Bransford. I think he's a genius. His writing blog, posts, are specific, full of useful information and his writing style, to me, is the best. And/but, the post for yesterday is the shortest, (which makes it funny because this man writes!) and perhaps the best advice for a writer so far:

By Bransford, The Solution to Every Writing Problem That Has Ever Existed - Keep writing.

Sheila Perkins of the Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, she has clout!

And my own genius, GL, he's got clout (but he wouldn't think that of himself in a million years)!

Who do you know with clout, influence, pull?
Posted by Sheila Cull at Wednesday, August 03, 2011 0 comments

Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Yes, we did!
Yeah!

Back to work, wow, that certainly feels wonderful.
Posted by Sheila Cull at Tuesday, August 02, 2011 0 comments


Yes, we will!
I don't know about you but my writing habit suddenly turned into a news reading habit/obsession after initially understanding what not resolving this debt crisis meant for the country. If you didn't worry about it, that's okay because I worried for you. I did. Yesterday, for example, my hands were shaking, literally vibrating with apprehension as I feared on behalf of the entire nation. That's right, despite my inborn optimism, even after Obama spoke (because it still needed two more important votes!), I fretted for our sake, everybody. But early in the evening, I turned off my computer, after a final shoulder shrug and one more declaration of, "But we still have time and yes, we can!" and turned to my bed and my reading habit. I simply couldn't take it anymore.

Very early this morning, great news, it passed the House! Then the Senate, Obama's signature and it will very, very likely pass. So we'll continue the political tangle because we're America and we have the freedom to do so. And via the President, we're a nation of laws and the coming laws will be passed or vetoed accordingly.

This crisis taught me three things:

1.) That being an optimist is the better choice, especially if you can't help it.

2.) That as an American citizen, you shouldn't leave it up to everybody else when it comes to voting.

3.) And that my book reading addiction, will get me through anything. One last especially if, as in, especially if you pick up addictions easily but learn through time that to live you need to end them. The one thing that's stayed consistent before and after my near month long coma, twenty years ago, even after I re learned to read in my 20's, is my love of books.

And I have to throw this in, to my romantic love, my teammate, you know who you are Mister, wait, I changed my mind, I won't tell you; I'll show you.
Posted by Sheila Cull at Tuesday, August 02, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment