Friday

Moving Forward - will simply c/p some past: (Breathe)


Thursday, June 16, 2011

Haitian Artist Fritz Millevoix



Fritz Millevoix and Nicole Smith

Friz Millevoix is my favorite artist. He's from Haiti and I got introduced to his work via the lovely Nicole Smith of Nicole Smith Galleries, also from Haiti. Yes, I know I should be publishing interviews that I condcuct with Smith, will do, just need more time.

Millevoix's work fascinates me because Haiti is and has been, filled with poverty. When I see the unbridled joy in Millevoix's work, I become filled with hope for Haiti.

Therefore, where is this poverty line drawn? Surely nowhere near Millevoix and his inner light, soul or spirit.

Would anyone like to sell me some time, how about a week?

Sheila Cull
A Lucky Cull

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Lucky Cull: Just Decided

A Lucky Cull: Just Decided

There's much, right now, I wish to write you!

But I have to get ready for work. Since one am, I've edited my main manuscript which is a collection of essays, per usual. The only time I can't create or edit is for me, after roughly seven hours. My body says, "No more please." I know my body says that because for the life of me, I simply cannot create or edit.

Isn't it great to be able to listen to your body?

Do you listen to your body?

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Short Excerpt from Essay Number 13!

Benjamin called his circle of smart Jew friends. They were unable create an excuse for his chocolate lip imprint down below.

Not pardoning him was a clever move. Then, “I don't care if you cheat, I just don't wanna ever find out,” turned into, “if you cheat and I find out, I get to cheat whenever, however, whatever, and then it's even.”

I became a hussy.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Civil War (Impossible!)

The Civil War was SO not a Civil War because it was by no stretch of anybody's imagination even remotely civil. Why was it named that I wonder?

To Die In Chicago by George Levy.

This book doesn't glorify the Civil War, it provides truths.

To know ourselves is to know our history.

Now I have to go check my work clock to see how much writing I can get done today!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Can you say this?

I have brain damage, left brain stem trauma. And I recovered. Maybe that's why noise pollution is so obvious to me. I've read that people that live after brain head trauma are super sensitive to too much noise, too much light, too busy crowds of people, etc. "That's me"" Sheila yelled and raised her hand.

But the Too Much issue is not traumatic brain injury specific. Other people deal with it for other reasons.

Do you?

Saturday, June 11, 2011

More on Noise! Yuck!

We Chicago-ans don't mind writing about or talking about the latest political scandal, we can hear it daily. But what about that police car and its screeching siren that just went by, how does that effect your baby? It does effect your baby, her core, center, balance, emotions, temper, her as a whole.

Why aren't we talking more about noise pollution?

Noise pollution affects me, you, your baby, your sister, your dog, even the pretty red cardinal perched on your balcony, trying to mind his own business.

There are alternatives. There are countries that have systems we need to modulate. If we can put a man on the moon, we can create alternatives to the present harmful noise.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Noise and Violence

Some people are more affected by outside noise that others. Me, the former, feels violated, strait East of Chicago's Wrigleyville, on a daily basis because of obtrusive blare of the city garbage truck in reverse or emergency vehicle sirens that howl more loudly, horridly, than any human animal can.

Now in certain countries, they use alternative methods so that they don't need to abusive their populations with aggressive sounds which have been proven to affect your body's center, your thinking and your all around well being.

It's surprising to me that we let this form of pollution run wild because mainly, America, Chicago, proudly is a civil society.

Sometimes I cover my ears. Ha! Like this helps. Do you think this helps? What do you think about noise pollution?

Thursday, June 9, 2011

We Free Americans Are Lucky (as it relates to Franz Schubert's eyes, top ten.)

As recently as this week, I stumbled upon an 1875 oil painting image of Franz Schubert (German classical musician, 1797-1828. My eyes were glued to the drawing of his eyes. Taking a break from the writing/editing/submitting/researching and not on my work clock, I went by way of the web to see if there was anything documented about, his eyes.

Albeit surprised, I found that I wasn't alone in thinking Franz Schubert's eyes seemed special. A quote by Wilheim Von Chezy reads, "...such sparkle that the inner fire was revealed at the first glance."

I think that the majority of this world's population wouldn't be able to summons that information on a whim, by choice, right away.

I feel so fortunate to be in America, to have some control over choices and the means by which to gain instant satisfaction of having questions answered. Don't you too?

The words I use to describe his music are delightfully crisp, delightfully clean.

Furthermore, he's on my Classical Top Ten list, as of this moment! Yeah! Yeah!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

http://bit.ly/iqCSCu

I was a quitter until I chose twitter.

I used to cheat but now I tweet.

Seriously. Yeah Sheila.

"Indeed, my life is better fitted, now that I've twitted."

http://bit.ly/iqCSCu

And if twitter is going to be a proper verb than it shouldn't be in cap's, correct?

Monday, June 6, 2011

Heart

"Just write your heart out. I promise to you that is what matters." Elizabeth Law, Publisher

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Not Legal

Oopsie. Yesterday I discovered that using just any web image (which I've done dozens of times by copying and pasting)isn't legal. I had no idea. The good news is, I've found out places where you can upload free images, you basically have to Google, free images. I feel guilty as in, "I shot the Sheriff but I meant to shoot the Deputy," Bob Marley.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Just Decided

Seriously - I think that you know when you're a writer is when you know that the title of the article is really of no matter.

Sheila Cull

Friday, June 3, 2011

366

This is the number of Posts I've made since I promised myself last December that I'd dedicate daily to my Blog. Yeah! Okay, the cheering for myself may be premature because I've certainly blogged on most days, not every single day. Plus, some of those extra Posts I know were mistakes I made. What the heck? Yeah anyway!

Speaking of writing, with the entire day off ahead of me, I look forward to soon delving back into a new manuscript that's in need of editing. More editing? Surprise, surprise.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Grade A and Rinzler Blog

First of all, I do get an A for effort. Impetous by nature, when faced with important information that I need to study, often, it takes me numerous stabs before I get it. As it is with Twitting. Bransford talks about the relevance of Tweeting for a writer's success and I'm still not completely in the game like I should be but I will Tweet more and I will try.

So Alan Rinzler is an editor with a fantastic blog for writer's and his current post shows how complicated it is for a writer, right now. There's the proliferation of ebook sales and self publishing options, changing roles of Literary Agents and publishers.

My first comment on Rinzler's current post I basically said, "Too much for me," made excuses and tried to act happy about it. Last night I re read. Again, and again, slowly. How can I have so much more to learn? But I surely do.

Do you ever feel overwhelmed, with the learning?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Titanic

I remember hearing or reading, somewhere, that there was a musician playing classical music as people prayed to say their own lives. Whoever decided that, I think, was brilliant.

Is this true?

Monday, May 30, 2011

Hope. Hope. Hope.

Being naturally optimistic, if a situation grants me hope, that's my ticket.

But what can we accomplish without hope? For example, look at all of these natural disasters and deaths. Do you think these populations have hope left? Do you often have hope?

Definition of HOPE
1archaic : trust, reliance
2a : desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment ; also : expectation of fulfillment or successb : someone or something on which hopes are centered c : something hoped for First Known Use of HOPE
before 12th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment